Sunday, January 5, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hello my friends and family! So it was another pretty slow week because I have had to just let my knees rest without using them a lot so they can get better and iI dont make them worse. 
BUT! the good news is they are getting better day by day. I am hoping to be back at a 100 percent next week, so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers!
This week my companion and I were also sick.. I think we ate something that was not good for us and we were feeling way sick all week, but we are both feeling better as of Saturday so nothing to worry about there, just life. But because of these little issues we have been pretty caged in and were only able to get out and teach 1 or 2 lessons a day, so we mainly focused on our firm investigators. This week we had 3 lessons with Helienne and her daughter Aghata. (The two having baptism dates for 22 of december) All 3 lessons went really well and we taught the importance and blessing of Word of Wisdom, Chastity, and Tithing/Fast Offerings. The lessons went well and they were both excited for Baptism! We went back on Saturday to do the baptismal interview and something pretty funny happened.. so at the end of the interview she came back and going to close with a prayer. We were standing outside and asked Helienne to offer it and it went a little something like this.. `` Dear Heavenly father.. (it started to rain really hard) ... silence.... Amen.`` I couldnt have been so proud. But we hurried and ran inside and then she gave another prayer that was actually really good!
Sunday was awesome! Church went well and my companion and I taught Gospel Doctrine again.. We taught about the Holy Ghost and how he Always motivates us to do good. After in Sacrament meeting Rodrigo (Our Baptism from last week was confirmed) and it was really cool because he was really excited all day for it. He is gonna be a future Bishop one day I just know it. Then after church we had 2 Baptisms!! Helienne and Aghata! It was an awesome Christmas Sunday for me especially after the last 2 weeks my companion and I have had.
I cant believe its already Christmas! It doesnt feel anything close to Christmas here while is sooooo HOT, but the Christmas spirit is all still the same. Take some time and remember whats good and whats most importante in life as we celebrate the birth of our Savior. I know I am extremely blessed! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and cant wait to talk to the FAM here in 2 days!!!

Much love from the heat of Brazil,

Elder Marcus Phipps

No comments:

Post a Comment